About Me

Lets see, where do I start? I am 43 years old and a dad to three wonderful children. Recently there have been alot of changes in my life, from a new job, to moving my family across the US. The last few months have been a worldwind, but its nothing to what I will be facing next.

Ready for my first Treatment

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back home and resting in week eight

Hello, I am back home now for week eight of my chemo treatment, and just to back up for a bit I realized that I never mentioned the chemotherapy treatment that I have been receiving and there names. So I asked the nurse again and she told me that I am taking Cisplatin, Flouorouacil, or better known as 5-FU. That drug is almost as bad as the spelling of my last name. There is one other chemical they are giving me but I can't remember! Not that my memory was anything to brag about according to inside sources but this stuff certainly makes ya punchy. I've been home since Monday and I am thankfull that my mouth Isn't as sore as its been with my past treatments, but the nausea, buzzing in my ears, diarrhea, and low energy levels are still there. :>) I'm looking forward to the trip home, however short it may be, as I will be returning to FL to have the feeding tube put in, and start radiation treatments. The doctor says I'm strong and he is happy with my progess. Well hope to see everyone soon. Take care and God Bless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter,
Glad to hear that you are home!!! It must feel great!!Just thought I would drop you a note to let you know that I was thinking of you!! Also glad to hear that the doctors say that you are doing well!!! Keep it up!!John & I and the kids are off to a Red Sox game tommorrow!!! Look for us!! I know you will be wathing I'm sure!! Take Care!! See you soon!!!

Love ya!!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

hey pete i'm glad to hear that your doctor is happy with your progress. Lookin forward to having a couple with at the elks. stay strong . levy

Unknown said...

HELLO BROTHER, YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!I LOVE THAT YOU FIND HUMOR IN EVERYTHING! YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT MAN. THAT IS WHY YOU TOUCH SO MANY LIVES,& YOU ARE LOVE BY SO MANY. THE CHEMO YOU ARE TAKING IS CALLED (FLOUOROUACIL)? YOUR RIGHT IT DOES SOUND LIKE OUR LAST NAME. I WAS THINKING WHEN YOU ARE DONE PULVERIZING THIS CANCER , THE NEW CHEMO WILL BE CALLED THE KOUROUVACILIS. KEEP UP THE GREAT FIGHT! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU . I WOULD NOT EXPECT ANYTHING LESS.ALL MY LOVE,GEORGE

Anonymous said...

Hello Peter,
Glad to hear that you are home and that the doctor says that you are doing well. I will look forward to seeing you on the 4th. Stay strong and keep up your good spirits..
Best Wishes
Cousin- Mary Rose

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete, I am glad that you are back home and doing good. Also keep up the good humor that is good for you health. We are still and will contue praying for you.

Love Maribel

Anonymous said...

Peter,
Just wanted to say how inspiring it is to read your blog. Your optimism is contagious. Keep your wonderful sense of humor, it really does help! Please know that you are in my prayers every night and I ask that God will continue to watch over you and fill you with His Grace and strength.

Love,
Lauri

justice1 said...

Hey Pete,
I'm glad that your back home.
Can't wait to see you next week. Hang in there sweetie, your amazing! Love
Tam

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter,
It was great to see you Yesterday!!What a great turnout!!! You have so many people who love you!! Hope you had aa great time!! John & I & the kids did!!! Hope you had a good flight Home!!! I already miss you!! I know you have a tough road ahead of you so keep fighting!! You & your family will be in our prayers and thought each and every day!!! Take Care!! We love you!!
Wendy, John & the girls