About Me

Lets see, where do I start? I am 43 years old and a dad to three wonderful children. Recently there have been alot of changes in my life, from a new job, to moving my family across the US. The last few months have been a worldwind, but its nothing to what I will be facing next.

Ready for my first Treatment

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A little scare

Well everyone, after being home for just one day, I had to be rushed into the ER. Lets see Sandy picked me up yesterday, and I felt OK. Today I went into the hospital for an injection, supposed to bring up my white blood cells. So as I'm driving home I start to feel itchy, mind you the hospital is about 3 minutes from where I live. So I get home and I tell Sandy how I feel. I start to break out in a cold sweat, I call the doctor to let them know what is happening. I get tunnel vision and am dizzy and pressure in my chest. Sandy, of course, calm as can be "Yells at me to get into the car" lol, cause she wouldn't be able to lift me once I pass out. So I get into the car we rush to the ER. Can you believe it I had to fill out paperwork before they even take my blood pressure. They are lucky I didn't just drop when I walked in. LOL All in all I had a reaction to the injection. They noted it in my file, none the less it was a little scary. I'm home now and am feeling tired, fatigue and cold, mind you its about 80 degrees outside. I have to monitor my temperature, anything over 100 I have to go back to the ER. So I'm going to bed and try to rest. Take care and God Bless.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

PETER, WHEN I RECEIVED THE PHONE CALL FROM SANDY ,I WANTED TO SQUEEZE THROUGH THE PHONE TO GET THERE.!!!!WE ALL FEEL SO HELPLESS.I CONTINUE TO LEAN ON THE LORD.HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU, GIVING YOU THE STRENGTH AND THE COMFORT TO CARRY YOU THROUGH. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BROTHER. LOVE, LIL SIS

Anonymous said...

Yea, that sounds like how Aunt Sandy would react, she's a smart lady. Good thing you listened to her. =) LOL. In all seriousness though, I totaly agree with Aunt Georgia, we all feel so helpless since we're way up here and your way down there. Like Aunt Georgia also said, we all continue to trust in God and in our families to give you the strength, courage, and hope you need to get through this. I love you lots!!! xoxo <3

Love, Dani

Anonymous said...

Pete I don't plain Sandy for reacty the way she did, I mean you are one big man,for sure she was going to need help if you past out on her. Well I hope you get well through this. I will continue to pray for you and the family always.
Love You :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete It is your fav. Dispatcher Michelle. I have to admit I was not going to read your blog because I was absolutly blown away about what was going on and I was sadened for you and sandy and the fam. You mad such a huge choice to pack up and get out of the house of hate. and then this, it was a bombshell to us all. After reading everything and talking to Mike, I have this to say. You are a true insperation. Bald is good for you.. you have a good shaped head.. give those hair products a rest. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Everyday as I take my stroll around 130 there are posters everywhere with your blog address on them. You may have left there but you sure as hell are not forgotten. Just remember 2 things... everything happens for a reason and God does not give one more then they can handle.
My thoughts are with you Sandy and the family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter its Allison and Bill Catellier. I was so saddened to hear the news about you but after reading this I realized you are one strong man not just physically but mentally and spiritually as well. You are an inspiration. I pray for you nightly. You and Sandy are missed up here ( even though I Allison am gone from 130P). Again my prayers are with you.I remember how you came to the wake for my grandmother and that meant alot to me. Your still handsome with that bald head and if you ask me bald is beautiful.
We will keep praying for you.
Allison and Bill Catellier

Anonymous said...

Pete, Brian Beliveau here. Best wishes to you, Sandy and the kids. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
Sorry to hear about your unexpected
experience! That must have been scary for both you & Sandy!! I'm so glad everything is okay!! Hope you are resting and enjoying being home with your family!!Stay Strong Stay Positive,and most of all know
that you have all of our love & support!!! Take Care!!! Hugs!!

Wendy,John & The kids

Sue Wood said...

A little scare for the likes of you maybe! Sounds like your and Sandy's training came in handy and your quick reaction time probably helped keep you safe. You have an angel, my friend. Keep relying on her! . . . keep relying on each other! . . . all of you! Love, Kevin & Sue

Moriarty Family said...

Hey Pete!
Pam got a call from Geogria and she told her about your illness. We are all praying for you and know you will beat this. The first thing I thought when I heard the news is "Of all my friends, Pete is the one man who can beat this."
Sorry it took so long to touch base but this past week we moved Family Ford from Chicopee to Enfield, Connecticut and I've been out straight as you could probably imagine. I'll keep in touch and log onto your blog for updates. Feel free to email me at mmoriarty@familyfordinc.com. Be strong and God Bless. Say hi to the family for me.
Sincerely your friend,
Mike Moriarty

Moriarty Family said...

Hey Pete.
This is Caitlin Moriarty. I'm really sorry about your illness. When my mom told me I was very upset. I hope you are doing much better and I will continue to pray for you every night. I thought I would put up a link for a song that has really helped me with my eating disorder. The song is called "A Little Bit Longer" and it was written by Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers. He wrote it one day when he was feeling down on himself about his diabetes and the lyrics really hit home. Throughout the song, he keeps saying a little bit longer and I'll be fine. Every time I feel down or that I can't go on, I just say a little bit longer and things will be fine. Here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzRr0zG7IrY
I was very lucky to see him perform this song at a recent concert and I was almost in tears because it was just so powerful. He had a whole speech about how just because he has diabetes its not going to slow him down and I hope that your cancer wont slow you down either. Because of this song, I know that my anorexia doesn't have to slow me down. Say hi to the family for me and stay strong.
Sincerely,
Caitlin Moriarty

Unknown said...

PETER,DID YOU GET A CHANCE TO CHECK OUT THE 93.1mix KIM AND DAN WEB SITE THEY HAVE YOUR BENEFIT INFO WITH YOUR PICTURE&BLOG ADDRESS. THEY ARE, SO SWEET!HOPEFULLY WE CAN HEAR IT ON THEIR RADIO STATION TOO. I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON &BACK! GIVE MY LOVE TO SANDY,AUTUMN, ARTHUR &JUSTIN.LOVE,ME

Anonymous said...

Hey Kukla,
Just checking in with ya lil bro. I'll be calling you soon.

Many hugs and kisses to you and the fam.

Love you,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,
Neal Chagnon here. I just found out about your blog and wanted to say hello. We had heard about your illness a short time ago and were floored by the news. Reading through your postings, you seem to be holding up well and staying positive, thats very important on the road to recovery. We look foward to many more updates on your blog.
Oh, by the way, I never thought I'd have more hair then you,on the bright side, at least yours is coming back. LOL Best Wishes to you,Sandy and the kids.
Neal and Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete, Dennis P here again. It was great talking to you on the phone and catching up. It is so easy in todays world to forget the people around us who are part of our life. I was floored beyond ords when I heard about your illness and to be honest I did not know if I could even talk to you.....It all comes down to not knowing what to say. But I had spoken to some guys at work, Joe, Karen, Micky and some others who were all saying how good you were doing and getting calls was a good thing. The talk we had was great, too short but great nonetheless. I am glad to see Sandy and the family are being so strong...it must be so hard for them too. I look forward to seeing you come up for the benefit and can't wait to talk to you again. Good luck Pete, Dennis Prior and family

Anonymous said...

Hey Pistol...
Just wanted to stay hello, stay strong and keep smiling!! Thinking of you often... We'll see you soon!!!
Chrissy Moe

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Pete, just checking in. I hope your feeling better now. Keep the strength up and stay positive. Eric, Leigh Brayden and Victoria

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete: Love the picture of the Greek Godfather!!! To funny!!!! I can hardly wait for Peter K. to see it. We are all looking forward to seeing you and the family! Take care, Love, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete. I came across a pendant that had this inscription on it about what cancer can't do, and I wanted to share it with you.

What Cancer Cannot Do:
It Cannot...
invade the soul
suppress memories
kill friendships
destroy peace
conquer the spirit
shatter hope
cripple love
corrode faith
steal eternal life
silence courage

I know that you and your family have a lot of the qualities listed there: faith, spirit, love, hope and courage. And I know that if anyone can get through this it would be you. We are all thinking of you at the Kung Fu Center and praying for a speedy recovery. Keep in touch! Sandy Deyo