Since I have kind of started this a little late, let me catch everyone up with what is going on. I was diagnosed with Tonsil Cancer about a month and ahalf ago. Everything seems to be moving pretty fast.
One morning I went to the dentist to have a root canal done and the next day I was at my physicians having a fisical. He checked the lump on my neck and sent me to an ear, nose and throat sepcialist. I went to see the specialist who told me I needed to come back for a biopsy. I went back in about a day and a needle biopsy was done. I was told I had Cancer.
I was then sent for a cat scan that showed I had cancer on my tonsil and the doctor also saw other mass behind my neck and said he had to do a pet scan. As I said everything is moving pretty fast so I was going from one appointment to the next just about every other day.
I then had what is called a Pet scan, this is when they inject you with some kind of radioactive sugar that sticks to the cancer and luminates the cancer cells under the scan. My tonsil lit up along with the lymph node on my neck.
I quickly went into surgery and had my tonsils removed as they were considered to be my primiary source of cancer.
The doctor told my that I was now at a stage 4 cancer, but that it was a curable cancer, they are now going to try a radicle treatment on me because he feels that I can handle it due to my age and all around health.
Sandy took the kids for haircuts today, so I decided to get my head shaved, Now those of you who know me will probably laugh at the fact that I am currently bald. But I know it will grow back, because you cant keep a good man down. lol
I went into the hospital again and had surgery to have a port put in so that the medication can be administered. My left side is a little sore and I have a lump where the port is located.
I was fitted for my radiation mask yesterday and I felt closterphobic. Radiation will not be starting for about another 9 weeks.
As I said earlier I will be admitted to the hospital for a week of Chemo. I will try and update this as soon as I can. Take care and thanks for all of your prayers.
About Me
- Pete
- Lets see, where do I start? I am 43 years old and a dad to three wonderful children. Recently there have been alot of changes in my life, from a new job, to moving my family across the US. The last few months have been a worldwind, but its nothing to what I will be facing next.
Ready for my first Treatment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
45 comments:
Pete,
We just wanted you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, daily. In the end, we know everything will turn out fine. If you need anything, we are here for you.
Love, Your Forever Friends,
Sam and Jacki
Hi Pete,
Geez, I haven''t seen you since we were just kids. This is Dianne Stephens (Hernandez). Just wanted you to know you and your family are in my prayers. Remember His words.. In all things pray.. Thank you for keeping us posted. Tell your wife what a great idea to have this blog!
Hi Peter, Greetings from Idaho! I'm glad you started this blog to keep all of us around the country informed! I know we don't really know one another, even though we are cousins, but my husband and I are praying for you and will put you on the prayer list at church. We are believing for you to be completely healed! God Bless, Love, Robin & Greg
Hi Pete
This is Emily (Sandy's Cousin)
I just wanted to let you know that you, Sandy and the kids are in my thought and prayers. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
Love Emily
Hi, Pete-
Wow-what a shocker--so sorry you are experiencing this....Sandy and I grew up together-sort of distant cousins--and I know with her strength and support behind you--this cancer does not stand a fighting chance :) You have to try and keep your spirits up and be positive--and of course, prayers can only help--so you will be in our prayers. Take care--Angelina Rivera-Noone\PS--This Blog is a great idea and I think will help you immensely with your daily battles ahead. May GOD bless you and your family!
Pete,
You are a strong person, both mentally & physically - I knew that the first day I met you...You will get through this - You will beat this! I am praying for you :o) Stay strong and please do not hesitate to ask for help with anything at all!
Lots of Hugs...
Rinat Haviv
Hello my dear Brother,
So glad you have this blog..Great Idea Sandy!What a wonderful way to share your journey and battles to a Healthy and wonderful life.I know you can beat this..(When God hold you in His Hands miracles do happen)Keep God close in your heart.I Love you so much.oxoox
your Sis,
Mary
neither of us wrok anymoreHey Uncle Pete,
It's Brian (Gibson) i just wanted to this was such a surpise. I always thought you were the healthest adult that i knew, i mean me and my friends even say you at the gym that time. Anyways i just wanted to say i know you'll get better in no time.I'll be waiting for the good news.
Love, Brian Gibson
that first part was from an im sorry uncle pete.
HI PETER, IT'S YOUR TWIN ! WONDER TWIN POWER ACTIVATE! (FORM OF A GIANT RAINBOW!) I KNOW YOU GET IT! HOPE IT MADE YOU SMILE! I KNOW THE LORD WILL CARRY & KEEP YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND.YOU ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE SANDY.I KNOW ARTHUR, AUTUMN&JUSTIN WILL KEEP YOU SMILING.I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES, YOU SURE ARE A GOOD LOOKING DUDE!I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! LOVE YOUR LIL SIS
HI PETER, JUST WANTED TO SAY SWEET DREAMS! I LOVE YOU.I'LL GIVE YOU A JINGLE TOMORROW. LOVE, ME
Hi Pete,
It's me Jeannie Chalue (Prochilo)...Jaslyns mom (Sandys niece). Just wanted to send my prayers to you, Sandy and kids. We haven't seen each other in years I know, but you are being thought of during this journey in your life. I know the outcome is going to be a positive one because you are a strong person and you have a wonderful wife and 3 beautiful kids and alot of family and friends to help you through this... My family and I are here for you and your family. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. God Bless.
P.S. Love the hair cut maybe you should think about keeping it.. :)~
Your Friend,
Jeannie
Peter,
It's cousin Gina sending you lots of love from Indianapolis. I'll be putting you and your family on the prayer list at our church as well as praying for you all myself. I was so sad to get the news and am honored to be able to share the journey with you in this way. Thanks Sandy! God's got you Peter. I'm sending you a cyber-hug.
Blessings and Love,
Gina
Hi Pete
it's your cousin Jeff. Don't worry about the hair thing. Bald is beautiful baby. We just wanted you to know we are praying for you and to let you know that we also live in florida (Palm Coast). Perhaps, when your feeling a bit better we could come by and visit.
Remembering you in our prayers,
Jeff, Stacy & family
Pete,
This news must have been devasting for you but try to only think positive thoughts. There is a whole big picture we can't even see.
Know that your journey now is affecting the lives of all who know you because it forces us to re-examine and prioritize what's truly important to us.
You may lose a little hair for a short period, but you will always have that infectious grin!
Love and more prayers,
Sue and Kevin
hey dad its your favorite person in the world :D autum... just incase you were having a little trouble ;) i hope your doign well. me anuti janet and arethur and justin are going to visit you in a little bit. see you then! :)
i just spelled my own name wrong... jeeze?!? hah
Hi Uncle Peter,
Love the blog idea...I just wanted to say what an amazing person you are. Out of all my uncles, your the one I've connected with the most and I love and appreciate that. You always told me to put my best foot forward and whatever challenges came my way, I'd get through them. Well now I'm telling you the same...
Trust in yourself, trust in your family, and trust in God, you will all get through this together as a family. Keep smiling, keep laughing, and remind yourself of the good in your life to keep you strong. We're all here for you!
Love you Lots,
Love Dani =)
Hi Pete, my heart, my thoughts, and prayers go out to you and Sandy. You are both strong, and I know that you will come out of this. Just keep that beutiful smile on that beutiful face.
Con todo mi amor
Luz
Pete,
How are you doing today, I tried to write the other day and it did not go through, Wanted to let you know I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Love your cousin Dawn, nice haircut!
Hey Pete,
Its mike Horn from work. Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know you are being thought of at work. Well I hope is well and thanks for keeping us up to date. Get well soon,
Mike
HI PETER, JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH YOU. THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS MAKING ME LAUGH. I LOVE TO HEAR YOU LAUGH TOO. I LOVE YOU, SWEET DREAMS. LOVE, ME
awww auntie goergia sounds so cute <333333 i know you dont check this much cause you dont like computers but i just wanted to say i loooooooove you anddd i was also wondering if i could get a tongue ring? hahah.... just kidding hope that made you laugh! well i was kind of kidding.. not reallly :D
Hi pete, hope you are feeling ok, i just wanted to thank you and sandy for having in your home. I really enjoyed spending time with family. I have no one but you guys. I will be back soon, but if you should need anything please feel free to call or ask me. i am sorry that you are going through this but as they say god only gives you what he thinks you can handle. this is only a test and you will pass it. i had not realized how much i truly miss you guys. I know that with my sister by your side you will overcome this illness and life a long and happy life. love you and will keep up todate on you blog
love janet
hey Peter,
I sent you a messaage yesterday but I don't see it! Maybe I did it wrong! Well anyway Hope this finds you in good spirits!! Your hair cut looks great!! Maybe you will be able to feather it soon!!lol!!Stay strong & keep that wonderful smile you've always had!!You will be in our heart & thoughts everyday!! Take care!! Love Wendy, John, Alyssa & Mia
Hi Pete I sent you a message and I don,t see it, I probably did it wrong. Hope this one goes through. I sorry you are going through this but God as a particuler way of showing his love, he knows you will make it. Hey and you married my sister, she is a tough one, with her by your side your cancer doesn't have a chance. keep God in your heart and never let go. Please take care.
Love Maribel
You have to get well soon, You guys moved to florida and I haven't come to visit. So I plan to come soon and see you all. You and Sandy are in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can help you guys with please let me know. Like I said before God has different ways of showing is love for us, so keep him in your heart that will keep you strong.
Love always Maribel
Amer yasin sam's brother;
I've been staring at the screen, wondering what to say, absolutely sure none of it will be adequate.
I am so happy to hear you are getting the support needed and deserved. You are strong in heart and soul. all of those who care, thinking of you and pray daily for your wellness.
You are doing all of the work, we are just here for support. Thank you for letting us support you through this time, which will pass.
My best wishes to you.
Hey lil brother!I have been thinking about you..Just sending hugs and kisses via Air mail.When you get a chance to sit outside and you feel a tickle on you neck or face (some where on your person)I'm not the greatest aim..That tickle is a kiss blown in the wind from me .love you so much oxoox Mary
Hi Pete, well a least you feel like a mule kicked you and not an elephant. Hang in there. a big hug. My heart and prayers are with you. Love Sandys sister Maribel
Hey Pete,
Sorry your going through this. I know you will pull through you are a strong guy physically & mentally. My prayers are with you and your family. You ever need anything this way please reach me at 413-221-1924 or e-mail me at neljr33@comcast.net
Stay Strong & GOD BLESS!!
Nelson Zayas
Big Pete.......Derek here giving you a well wishing shoutout to heal well and to heal fast. My prayers are with you and I look foreward to your speedy recovery. Always buddy........Cookout.
Hey Pete, Your in my thoughts and prayers. Be on your guard;stand firm in the faith; be men of courage;be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Take Care KELLY
Hey Pete, just checking in to see how your feeling. Hope all is well. Sandy keep having faith and stay strong. Don't hesitate if you need something . Your not alone ,we are here to support you and your family. love, Kelly
Pete,
This blog is a great idea. It was great seeing you and talking about old times when we were little. Your my second brother and I love you Pete. Your going to get through this. Stay strong and talk to u soon.
Love Tam
Hey big pete............hoope everything is going smooth....hang in there and heal well buddy. Were all pushing for you here in the cookclan.
later
Derek
Pete, this is Scott Richard. If anyone can beat this its you. If there is ever anything I can do just let me know.
Uncle Pete, I just received this blog. First off, I'm sorry I missed your "go away" party. Second, I was saddened to hear the news, but I know you're strong enough to beat this. I always think of you when I'm out on my patio. I'll always appreciate you your guidance and help with the concrete. Leigh and the kids are doing great and are pulling for you. Happy Easter. Stay strong. Love Eric, Leigh, Brayden and Victoria
Hello (Vin Diesel) I mean Peter,How could I make that mistake.You are totally better looking than him.And sweeter,funnier ..I could go on...Well I could be bias..I know how to spell your name at least.Just wanted to say you are alway on my mind and in or prayers along with Sandy and the children(young adult,preteen,young man)I Don't want to offend with wrong title.I dpzkelove you ,keep up the good fight. Mary
Hey Pete,
It was great to see you yesterday and have much at the Greek Island on A1A in Fort Lauderdale, what a great place. Thanks for the laugh.
I wanted to wish you well today with your procedure and I will pass along the blog to the crew at the Springfield Police Department. I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up! Mike Carney
Hi Pete,
I wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and send our love. I have to tell you your grass is getting very long!!! You should come home and mow it NO SHIRT NEEDED!!! I miss the view! You look great and sound like you're in good spirits. You and Mike look like a cute couple! I saw Venus today she seems to be doing great. She was doing her ballet for Georgia and me in therapy today. I miss you guys, hope to see you soon. Bonnie
Hi Pete - I'm sorry that this terrible illness has decided to put you up to a fight but I know you have the strength and will to win. Being a two time survivor, I can honestly say I know how you feel, you will come through this even stronger and life will be even sweeter. (There is good in everything.) My love is with you and your family, know that I think of you often.
Love, Darlene A'Hearn and Family
Hi Peter,
It's me Pilly from Shadybrook Lane. Maggi, Angela ,Ingrid and myself all are keeping you in our prayers. Your handsome face and warm smile, all the while you receive chemo, is obviously indicative that everyone's prayers will be answerd, and your situation will find you with positive, healthy results. Peter, your wife and children are beautiful. We are thinking of you and your wonderful family everyday. We are all looking forward to seeing everyone on May 4
God Bless. Love,Jill
Hey Peter,
I hope this letter finds you well. I am traveling to Ft Lauderdale on Tuesday 4/1/08 and would love to come and visit you if you are up to it. I wanted to pass on my well wishes from my family to you and yours. I will call when I get down in FLA and see if you feel like some company. God Bless you and hope to see you soon my friend.
Peter Konstantakos
Post a Comment