About Me

Lets see, where do I start? I am 43 years old and a dad to three wonderful children. Recently there have been alot of changes in my life, from a new job, to moving my family across the US. The last few months have been a worldwind, but its nothing to what I will be facing next.

Ready for my first Treatment

Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring has sprung!

Its Monday morning and I just woke up after having Sandy pick me up at 3:00 a.m from the hospital. I came home to another teenager in my house, my son Arthur turned the Big Thirteen! Autumn made him a great big cookie cake and they brought it to my room yesterday, at the hospital. I told them that we would have to keep it to one candle seeing that we were in a hospital and that there might be oxygen around.

All and all I think chemo went rather smashing, but I can feel the ulcer in my mouth wanting to come back. (Bring it on!) the nursing staff asked me what kind of crazy gets discharged at 3:00 a.m I said, A Cop does; that to us, time is just a bunch of numbers on a wall. LOL Now if I can convince Sandy of that, all would be great.

I read all of the new entries in the Blog and went back to a few; they are so very inspiring and thoughtful and very funny, I love reading them. So now I will be resting a bit at home and with a few office visits thrown in there I will not have to return back to the hospital until the 16th of April. To all my family and friends and in Law Enforcement God Bless stay safe and we will talk soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete:

Glad to hear that you are doing ok. Tell Arthur Happy Birthday. We are getting his bed room all set for when he comes up to visit us during the summer. The boys have a million plans for them to do things. I think you are doing great!!! Keep that wonderful sense of humor! Take care.
Love, The Knights

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Peter,
I'm so glad to "hear" or rather, "read", that you are in good spirits. That's the key, you have to keep a positive attitude. I know that you're a strong person physically and mentally, but I also know that you have a strong heart and will. I know you pull through all of this stronger than ever! You're in my thoughts and prayers always.

Love Dani =) <3

Anonymous said...

hi peter. it sounds like u r in great spirits. keep up the great work. love terri. danny says`hi too

Unknown said...

HEY BROTHER, IT ME AGAIN !!!:) YOU KNOW ME, LOUD TALKER, LOUDER LAUGHER& NOW LOUD TYPER. LOL!I'M SURE YOU MUST NOTICE I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT'S TYPING WITH ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS:) IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY!!!LOUD TALKER&LAUGHTER!:) NOW THAT YOU ARE HOME, YOU CAN SQUISH YOU FAMILY ALL UP.IN MY HOUSE SQUISH IS ANOTHER WORD FOR (SNUGGLE):)KEEP LAUGHING! I LOVE YOU.LOVE, ME

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter,
Just wanted to say hi & hope this finds you feeling well& smiling as always!!Give my best to your family! Stay positve& stay strong though this is a difficult journey for you, you have so many good friends and family who love & support you!! Take Care!! See you soon!!
Love, Wendy,
John,Alyssa &
Mia