About Me

Lets see, where do I start? I am 43 years old and a dad to three wonderful children. Recently there have been alot of changes in my life, from a new job, to moving my family across the US. The last few months have been a worldwind, but its nothing to what I will be facing next.

Ready for my first Treatment

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

41st day of treatment

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be back in the hospital for another 6 days of treatment. This will be my last in patient treatment. Before I leave the hospital, I believe I will have surgery to have a feeding tube inserted, because Im told that the next regiment of my treatment will not be allowing me to eat for a while. As for me, well I'm a little yellow, Jaundice, I think, but I feel pretty good. My weight is like a yoyo, the weight that I loose during treatment is quickly gained back on my one week of recovery. The doctors tell me that the weight loss will be greater during the seven weeks of Chemo and radiation. My eyebrows seem to be sticking around longer than I might have thought, but Sandy reasured me that if they fall out she would be more than happy to pencil them back in.

I'm looking forward to my quick visit up North, I want to thank all of the people who have and are still putting together the benefit for me and my family. I hope to see everyone there.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

PETER&SANDY,AUTUMN,ARTHUR&JUSTIN, COUNTING THE DAY'S WHEN WILL SEE YOU ALL. CAN'T WAIT TO SQUISH YOU ALL UP! LOT OF LOVE, BOBBY&GEORGIA,ROBBY&SUMMERELAYNE :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter, I so wish I could come to your Benefit! Massachusetts is just a little too far for me to travel right now! Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, hang in there, Love Ya, Robin

Anonymous said...

hey peter, I already pencil in my eyebrows due from over plucking. hope all is well. from danny terri and tiffany

Anonymous said...

My Darling Brother and family.I miss you sooo much.We too are counting the days until we can squish you all.Keep up the hard work..Life can have a lot of tough roads to travel,with God and your family and friends by yourside you will never be alone on youjourney.
Love Aurelio,Mary,Danielle,Nicole,and
Aurelio Jr.

Unknown said...

Hi Pete, It's my first time reading your blog diary- It's amazing and with or without hair, you're still gorgeous! (and u known how much a hair person I am,just kidding)love you forever, your sis Venus

Anonymous said...

HEY PETER ,
I HOPE THIS FINDS YOU IN GOOD SPIRITS AND FEELING WELL!! YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS TODAY AND EVERYDAY!!
TAKE CARE MY FRIEND!!SEE U SOON!!!SEND MY BEST TI YOUR FAMILY!!!
LUV,WENDY

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete: I'm Mike Killoran father. Last April-May I had my first 4 treatments for SMZL B-cell Lymphoma and my local & Dana-Farber oncologists are amazed by my positive response to Rituxan, etc. I'm 74yo so you have a good chance for your own recovery at 43yo.I sent your info to Mike, after speaking with your sister Georgia. Your in our prayers. Peace & all good! Ray Killoran, USN (Ret)

Anonymous said...

Good Mornin' Sweetness:

Am so looking forward to seeing you and the fam. Cori told me that Terry O. (Katie's Granddad) has asked the Sister's of Providence to say a special prayer for you in their prayer circle and Katie will be praying for you during her First Communion. Goes without saying you're in my thoughts and prayers everyday lil bro.!
Oh and by the way I picked up a webcam for ya. We can chat face to face. I so miss that beautiful "mug" of yours LOL
Love ya lil bro,
Big Sis Kate

Anonymous said...

Hello Peter
It's me Mary Rose Sandy's cousin
I been reading the blog to catch up. Sorry you are having a ruff time but glad you are in good spirits a Shaved head , Eyebrows does not matter you are always handsome... Stay strong...This too shall pass... Our prayers are with you all always.

Much Love
Mary Rose and Tony